Did you ever have one of those days?

Today, I have been working on a Visual Basic 6 assignment involving arrays. The assignment was due at the day of this post @ 11:50 PM. I really wish I could have done it sooner, but at the time I had more outstanding assignments that were more of my immediate attention. Just one bug was in the way of a program that ran well, to my knowledge that is. The problem with VB6 is that it only shows one bug at a time, while other compilers only shows the first error it comes across. The problem itself was not a compile error, but rather a run time error. When I select the Debug button when the error message box shows up, it only points to the troubling line, but it gives me not hint as to where the actual problem is coming from. All that it tells me is that: Control array element '1' doesn't exist.

It'll be a while before I get a better grasp of the syntax, but the sooner the better. There were moments where I felt like literally throwing my computer monitor out the front door. But even then, the earth would absorb some of the impact, and no hard surface to create a breaking noise, so that itself would not lead to any immediate satisfaction at all. On top of that, I don't have the money for a brand new monitor, and have no desire to part with my current one as it is new and has a large widescreen view with it. So instead, I took a breather and took it out on some zombies on L4D2 (Left4Dead 2).

Comments