Hello World

Hello and my name is Lee Schroeder. At the time of writing, I am going to Pikes Peak Community College and am getting a degree in Computer Science. My current interests in programming includes: computer games, GNU/Linux, free/open source software, retro games, C/C++, VALA, Python, PHP, and Windows.

In this blog, I will be discussing various topics in relation to programming and even some stuff on the sidelines. But in order to clear up any misconceptions of what I will write about, I have compiled up a list that should be simple and straight to the point.

What I will post
  • Programming-related Topics
    • The reason I started this blog, to talk about programming and my work.
  • Projects I'm working on
    • Yes, I have projects in mind right now, but that will be described later on.
  • Status in college
    • I am working in college to get a degree to learn about programming. And since school work will sometimes divert my attention from this blog, I may post if I have a large project or workload.
  • Open Source Projects
    • I will either contribute to Open Source projects or talk about them. I've already contributed to the ReactOS system, so there is a chance I may contribute more code down the line.
  • Free Software in General
    • Just FYI, I'm not one of those people who claim that Free Software is a cure all to the software industry. I think that it's better than the proprietary development model, but there are downsides to everything. And just for those who haven't heard about Free Software, Free Software means software freedom, not just about price. And I'm not someone who is chanting for the downfall of Microsoft, although I do have some personal complaints about their methods. Even if the company somehow looses a lot of market share for the desktop market, I'm guessing that it will still be a strong business that develops software.
What I will NOT Post
  • Politics
    • This is a blog about programming. Not only will talking about politics be a distraction, but it might get out of hand since it's such a heated debate and so much is going on.
  • My Personal Life
    • Even though everyone has a story to tell, there are certain topics in my personal life that I will keep private. That doesn't mean I won't talk about events of my day, but I won't go around telling people about my relatives, my parents, or any thing else that's private in my life. So please don't ask.
  • My Opinions
    • I'll do my best to keep the contents of this blog as unbiased as humanly possible. I may list an opinion in a sentence or two, but no entire post will be dedicated entirely to any opinion that I have. If I can't prove it directly, then I won't post it.
This list may change over time, but this will give you a basic idea on the purpose of this blog.

Comments