Second Patch to ReactOS

So far, I have posted two commits to the ReactOS project. My first submission was the bare bones of the DiskPart utility found in Windows NT series systems. I'm not going to work on it mostly due to the fact that I never intended to submit the project in the first place. One day, I decided to attempt to create a DiskPart compatible utility, but only work on the interactive bits. And the fact that the OS is still missing functionality made it an unrealistic goal in the short term. So, I'm hoping that someone else will pick up the slack further down the line.

The second submission that I did was a small change to the Spider Solitaire game (for more information, click here). When I was messing around with a trunk build of the ReactOS system and noticed that if you closed the program in the middle of a game, a message box asks the user if they want to quit the game. The message box works great, but the way it asks the user was awkward. It asked "Quit the Current Game?", but the input asked for an Ok/Cancel response instead of a Yes/No. I made the changes and submitted it to the SVN, but they asked for a patch instead. I made what I thought was a patch, but it turned out instead that I made a diff file instead and rejected that too. Schoolwork and focus on other matters slowed down my research on how to make a proper patch file, and someone else created the patch instead and submitted it. Luckily, someone else gave me some tips to create a patch that can be used right away. I'll figure out about patches sooner or later.

Comments