Finally out of school...for now

Safe to say, the Fall Semester of College is out tomorrow, although I have all my assignments done. I get the feeling that I may have to take math...again, but I still did better than I hoped. My last project was for my history course and the project itself covered the Tower of Babylon. Everything was done in Blender, GIMP (for some touching up on the images), Audacity and LibreOffice. Even though I finished the project faster than I would have liked, I still learned a lot. For example, I learned:
  • When rendering in 3D, render the images first, and then render the movie. This way, it gets harder for your computer to be overwhelmed with too many resources.
  • Take time to learn the essential features of a program. Some of the features of Blender I did not know, and was actually lucky to learn them quickly enough, although some features took longer to master than others. That is why it is important to do tests before hand so you have a better idea of what to do later on.
  • While narrating a script, strategic pauses while reading a sentence (especially a long one) saves you in the long run as it makes it easier to read. Periods are stopping points, commas are pauses, and if a sentence is hard to read and has few or no commas, then create pauses even if commas don't exist in the sentence.
  • Also when narrating, read clearly and don't shout. It gets hard for the listener to understand what you are saying if you don't speak a word clearly.
  • The solution to a problem can often be simpler than you think (or vice versa). That is why it is important not to get too upset if something is not going the way you would expect it to. It is better to calm down (either by deep breaths, or just walking away momentarily), step back, and look at the entire picture.
Since I have the rest of December and the first part of January off, I have some projects in mind to work on in order to improve myself. And even though I switched my degree back to Computer Information Systems, I still want to pursue programming at the very least as a hobby. Since it's getting late at the time of writing, I will simply list what projects I might do on my spare time. Happy Holidays!
  • Linux Programming
  • PHP 5.3
  • A fantasy novel that I've been working on
  • Switching from Windows 7 to Linux Mint (I have my reasons)

Comments