Learning Linux

Right now, there hasn't been any real programming projects that I am currently working on right now, but I am going through a Linux Programming book for beginners and doing some test programs on the side at this time. Learning is slow, yet progressive, and am hoping to write a full program one day. So just for a recap of what I am doing so far for December:
  • So far, I only have 3 ReactOS Bugzilla commits made and they haven't been touched since much coding effort have been diverted in order to fix the last 4 bugs before the next release can be realized.
  • Right now, I am learning about the termios structure for Linux. For those who are not that familiar with Linux Programming, it refers to a C Library that controls how text is manipulated on the shell (input, output, control, local, and special control characters). But it's taking some time to learn how it exactly works and what can be done with it overall.
  • I have installed Linux Mint 12 as my primary OS on my desktop computer. This allows me to focus on programming and it allows me to work on homework without the constant distraction of video games (online games still distract me though). And the final reason for this is out of growing distrust of Microsoft from usage of DRM, the Secure Boot requirement for Windows 8, and the App Store for Windows 8. I know that I said that I would leave opinions out of my posts, but this is one of those few moments where I felt that I had to say it.
If I don't make a post before Christmas, then let me say Merry Christmas and have a Happy New year. And for those from other religions, have a Happy Holiday this season as well.

Comments