fontview updates

So far, I have made some serious updates to the fontview commit that I mentioned previously in my last blog. Since more effort is being made to get version 0.3.14 out the door and finishing all the bugs related to it, not much attention is being made to my commit. So far, no one has even made a comment on it (but not telling anyone directly about it is probably the reason why), but I am hopeful that at least some of the code gets in the trunk.
 The major changes that I have made since my last post is the ability to actually print out the font information. So far, only the base code is there, but the next step would be to actually print the text output. Right now, all it prints out is the following, "Testing...1...2...3" and was done in order to make sure that it actually printed something out without crashing on me. I am experimenting with a function that, if used the right way, could help simplify the printing process so that the output you see in the program itself could be printed out as well.
For me, the next step would be to get the built-in DISPLAYDATA structure to work in the function fully. So far, I have been able to get a local variable created and get it initialized the same exact way as shown in other functions without resulting in a segmentation fault. But when it came to calling the function "Display_DrawText()," it kept crashing when I printed out a document (I was using PDF creator since I didn't want to waste so much paper to test out the function). I still have to do research on how to make this work, or come to the conclusion that I have to code it all inside the "Display_OnPrint()" function.

Comments