Programming updates

I know that it's been a while since my last post, but I have been busy with school work. My class ends in roughly two weeks, and I am making sure that I have it all done by then. I was able to commit some code to the ReactOS project, and they were major changes. The list of changes are shown below for easier reading.

  • fontview (http://svn.reactos.org/svn/reactos?view=revision&revision=56898)
    • When the user runs the program directly, instead of showing an error message box, it opens an open dialog box instead. Right now, it filters for *.tff right at the moment, but a current workaround is to simply change the filter to search for all files.
    • I partially implemented the printing feature. Right now, it only prints out a test string (testing...1...2...3), but other than that, it seems to work just fine.
    • I replaced the exit button with an install button. Although it doesn't work yet, it is a placeholder until it can be fully implemented. Not only is the exit button redundant, but an install button can be found in the Windows version of the application.
  • diskpart (http://svn.reactos.org/svn/reactos?revision=56966&view=revision)
    • Argument processing code has been rewritten to be cleaner, and easier to read.
    • Timeout code has been now added. It pauses the program on start up when the user uses the \t flag. Otherwise, it defaults to 0 and runs the script right away.
    • Some function names have been changed.
    • Text in IDS_APP_USAGE has been modified to be easier to read.
    • Use _wcsicmp instead of wcsicmp since the latter is depricated.
    • Placed the code for the header text into a separate function.
    • Added IDS_ERROR_MSG_BAD_ARG, and made a change to IDS_ERROR_NO_MSG_SCRIPT.
My next step would probably be to rewrite the interpreter code for diskpart since that is in a mess right now. And another problem that seems to be coming from the cmd.exe program is that any CLI program that it runs is compiled as UNICODE displays junk characters inbetween each letter. I have posted a bug report (http://www.reactos.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=7161), but so far, only one person has been able to comment and say that the program sc.exe is showing the same problems. Despite what has happened so far this summer, I hope you have a great summer.

EDIT: diskpart code has been sent to the trunk.

Comments