autorun.inf Patch

I have now submitted a patch that upon creation of either a livecd or bootcd, the files autorun.inf and icon.ico are added to the root directory of the compiled ISO images. That means that the autorun feature now runs the welcome.exe program when the user puts in the CD and now shows an icon for the drive.

At first, I just duplicated the commands used for freeldr.ini twice for both the autorun file and the icon and made the necessary changes to properly add both the files to the ISO images. But then I realized that two commands were involved for freeldr.ini and had 2 separate configurations depending if you are creating a bootcd or a livecd. Since the files are to be used in both ISO compile options, I instead reduced it to one command per file to the commands listed on the patch.

On an unofficial note, I am now done with the Summer Semester and have until the end of August until my Fall Semester starts up. Although I will be enjoying the time off, I will also look to see where I can improve ReactOS. One of my goals is to rewrite the interpreter code for the Diskpart utility. As it stands, somehow it accepts the first input, but anything after that is considered as invalid input.

http://www.reactos.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=7224

Comments